What Zodiac Sign Is the Ace of Pentacles?
Ah, Tarot cards… Those 78 cards are filled with mystical imagery and spiritual symbolism. But if you didn’t know already, Tarot has some incredible connections to astrology. Every Tarot card within the entire deck is associated with either a planet or a zodiac sign (or, in this case, many zodiac signs).
To get more information on this topic, we talked to Tarot reader and astrologer Maisy Bristol. She notes that most Tarot cards are defined by their association with the modalities (cardinal, fixed, mutable). But the Ace of Pentacles is a bit different.
Zodiac Sign: Earth Signs
According to Bristol, most Tarot cards only have one association. But Aces and Pages are different. “Similar to the Page of Pentacles, the Ace of Pentacles is a card that’s ruled by the earth element, not by a particular sign,” she says. “So, the Ace of Pentacles actually represents all earth signs: Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo.”
The reason for this, she explains, is that Aces and Pages have very similar energies. Both cards are catalysts for other entities. Pages are the self-starters of the court card system. They launch us into the other court cards that follow: Knight, Queen, and King. Aces, on the other hand, launch us into the numerological system: from “2” cards to “10” cards.
The meaning behind the Ace of Pentacles and the earth signs? Well, Bristol says it all has to do with what the suit represents—which is security, longevity, and balance of the material things around us. “If you think about it, all earth signs want some form of stability and structure,” she explains. “The Ace of Pentacles wants that too; this card only appears when we’re investing in something that we feel will be long term. For example, a marriage or buying a house.”
“In an upright position, the Ace of Pentacles says that new beginnings are occurring in terms of the material things,” says Bristol. She shares a few examples of what this might look like:
- Buying a house
- Having a child
- Getting married
- Starting a new job
- Investing your money
- Establishing or redefining values
“In a reversed position, the Ace of Pentacles represents material loss in some way—one that stunted the growth of something that we thought we would have in our life forever,” Bristol explains. Here are a few examples of how this card in this position shows up:
- Job loss
- Money loss
- Health issues
- Sign of missed opportunities
- Lack of values or forgotten values
“Regarding love,” says Bristol, “the Ace of Pentacles indicates that you and your partner will be taking the next step in your relationship. Or, if you’re single, you might find a long-term partner soon.” Here are a couple ways this works out:
- Becoming “official”
- Getting engaged
- Moving in
- Having a child
- Meeting a new long-term partner
“For career, this card generally means that new opportunities—both monetarily and professionally—are opening up to you,” says Bristol. “Seeing the Ace of Pentacles can represent new beginnings in the career realm.” Here are a few ways that could transpire:
- Finding a critical job opening
- Being a referral
- Someone picking up your resume
- Landing an interview
- Landing a job
- Starting a new career path
- Starting a course, class, or the school year
What Tarot cards represent which zodiac signs?
Every Tarot card is linked to a zodiac sign or a planet. Many people know the association between their zodiac sign and Major Arcana card. But the zodiac signs are each linked to four different Minor Arcana cards as well. The way to understand this is by using elements (fire, water, air, earth) and modalities (cardinal, fixed, and mutable).
The cardinal signs (Libra, Capricorn, Aries, and Cancer) are all associated with 2, 3, 4, and Queen cards. The fixed signs (Aquarius, Taurus, Leo, Scorpio) are all associated with 5, 6, 7, and King cards. And finally, the mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) are all associated with 8, 9, 10, and Knight cards.
Here’s an outline of all the signs and their respective cards:
- Aries: The Emperor IV, 2 of Wands, 3 of Wands, 4 of Wands, Queen of Wands
- Taurus: The Hierophant V, 5, of Pentacles, 6 of Pentacles, 7 of Pentacles, King of Pentacles
- Gemini: The Lovers VI, 8 of Swords, 9 of Swords, 10 of Swords, Knight of Swords
- Cancer: The Chariot VII, 2 of Cups, 3 of Cups, 4 of Cups, Queen of Cups
- Leo: Strength VIII, 5 of Wands, 6 of Wands, 7 of Wands, King of Wands
- Virgo: The Hermit IX, 8 of Pentacles, 9 of Pentacles, 10 of Pentacles, Knight of Pentacles
- Libra: Justice XI, 2 of Swords, 3 of Swords, 4 of Swords, Queen of Swords
- Scorpio: Death XIII, 5 of Cups, 6 of Cups, 7 of Cups, King of Cups
- Sagittarius: Temperance XIV, 8 of Wands, 9 of Wands, 10 of Wands, Knight of Wands
- Capricorn: The Devil XV, 2 of Pentacles, 3 of Pentacles, 4 of Pentacles, Queen of Pentacles
- Aquarius: The Star XVII, 5 of Swords, 6 of Swords, 7 of Swords, King of Swords
- Pisces: The Moon XVIII, 8 of Cups, 9 of Cups, 10 of Cups, Knight of Cups