Cancer Spiritual Traits
The Best Crystals for Cancer: Moonstone, as the name suggests, is connected directly to the moon and harnesses its energy. Connecting to moonstone calls upon Cancers' free spirit to carry them through their journey. Red jasperÂ is very beneficial for building Cancer's stamina, helping the Crab overcome adversity to become a stable support for their loved ones. Abalone shell connects Cancer to the changing tides and emotions of the sea, making this sign more perceptive to what others are feeling.
Cancer's Healing Mantra: "Feelings manifest change."
Cancer's Spirit Color: Violet, a deep purple aligned with the crown chakra, taps into Cancer's amazing powers of intuition. Violet can help Cancers manifest their dreams into reality, and reminds them that even though some things (like their emotions) may not be "seen," they are absolutely real. Violet connects Cancer's spirit, body, and mind, and reminds Crabs that all three are one, that the self has many parts, and that all these parts need to be heard and honored for Cancer to live his or her best, most positive life.
Let's get personal. Talk to a live Astrologer for a 1-on-1 reading. Get started for FREE.
Cancer's Spiritual Side
Intellectual, emotional, and loyal, this water sign runs deep. Cancer loves the mystery and questions surrounding spirituality, and is content to explore that mystery even if there are no "answers." Cancer bristles at dogma, and feels like every voice is valid when it comes to exploring spirituality. Although intellectual, Cancer places more weight on emotions than rational thought—"just because" is a completely valid reason to believe in something.
Cancers can find spirituality anywhere and are especially adept at tuning inward and communing with their deepest self, even during the most crowded, hectic, busy day. Cancer can be a spiritual leader, and many people look to Crabs because of the way that they can incorporate emotions and beliefs into everyday life. This sign has a live-and-let-live approach, and while Cancers will happily share their own thoughts on spirituality (if you know them well enough), they won't instruct anyone to follow their example.
Cancers may not share their spirituality with many people, though. That's because spirituality feels very personal, so if this sign does share their beliefs, it means that you're in their inner circle. Cancers also find communing with nature necessary for connecting to their spiritual side (though they rarely make the time for it).
Cancer's Karma Boosters
Every sign has unfinished business to deal with. For Cancers, the biggest life lesson is taking things much less personally and looking outside themselves and their immediate circle. Seeing the big picture can help detach them from their water-sign tendency toward over-emotionality, which helps them roll with the punches. Here are a few strategies:
- Hang out in groups. While Cancer prefers time spent alone or with trusted friends, being around new people can offer a diverse set of experiences and opinions, and can help Cancer conquer self-consciousness.
- Forgive. Like an elephant, loyal Cancer never forgets, especially when it's a slight. But moving on from small issues (like being left off a text or overhearing a friend talk behind their back) can help this sign become more resilient.
- Volunteer. Cancers have a huge capacity for love and caring, but tend to be protective about how much energy they expend on others. Volunteering and giving back can help get them out of their heads.
- Share their feelings. With people whom they don't know well, Cancers can act like martyrs, saying everything is fine when it clearly isn't. Learning to speak up is a truly valuable lifelong lesson for the Crab.
- Let go. Cancer is the king or queen of ruminating, reliving, and regretting. That's why letting go of the past in a healthy way—maybe via a ritual—is key for moving on and moving forward.