20 Life Hacks for the Modern Boss Witch
Ellen Ricks is a writer and fashion blogger who loves leopard print. Follow her on Instagram.
The word “witchcraft” can conjure up images of pointy hats, bubbling cauldrons, and lots of candles.
Well, I’m here to tell you that all of that is sooo 18th century. Witchcraft, just like everything else, has evolved and adapted over time, blending almost seamlessly into our modern life. Magic can make your life easier, so why complicate things by feeling you have to work in the old-fashioned ways of witchcraft? I mean, where can you even buy eye of newt anymore!? Magic can be infused in different parts of your modern, on the go lifestyle; giving you a boost when you need it. Here are some tricks to enchant your life with positivity, luck, and good vibes, adapted to the millennial age.
Brew Things In Your Kitchen
You don’t need a cauldron or fancy and expense ingredients to enjoy kitchen witchcraft. In can be as simple as adding different things to your daily routine or experiment with new recipes and blends. These tips can help you create things that even Professor Snape will be proud of (or at least be less snarky).
1. When your “brewing” your morning coffee or tea in the morning, add a pinch of cinnamon. Cinnamon is associated with bringing good fortune throughout the day. It has also been known to increase creativity and success.
2. If you are not a coffee or tea drinker, adding a lime into your water can help dispel negative energies around you.
3. Speaking of drinks, when you’re stirring your drink, think about your intent; are you looking for positivity or to get rid of negativity? Remember that stirring is very important in spells and “potions.” Stirring clockwise invokes— so that cinnamon in your coffee is being doubled. Stirring counter clockwise will banish, so stirring counter-clockwise can dispel negative or stressful energies. Stir mindfully.
4. Herbs can be an important aspect of witchcraft, but they can be a bit pricey. Instead of shelling out money for just a pocketful of rosemary, consider growing your own. You don’t need a backyard or an outdoor garden to plant things. Considering making a little space on your kitchen windowsill for a few herbs Herbs that thrives growing indoors are:
-oregano (love, courage, action)
-rosemary (protection, improving memory, wisdom, health, healing)
-thyme (strength, courage, and beauty)
-parsley (power, strength, lust, purification, and prosperity)
5. Tend to your plants, watch them grow, and then add them to your meals for a little magical boost. Just make sure you have clear intentions as you cook.
Technology Is Your Friend
Upgrade your craft to the modern age. Because technology is magical.
6. If you can’t afford tarot cards or any other divination cares, technology is your friend here. There are tons of tarot apps that can help give you some magical insight. Including our own horoscope.com.
7. If you live in a place that won’t allow you to light candles, or just nervous about causing a fire over practicing witchcraft, there’s an app for that. Free Candle is probably my favorite because it’s legit just a free online candle where you can choose the color of the candle and actually blow out. Or you can get a battery operated candles, they work just as well.
8. Place crystals on your wifi router to charge them. Your router is a major source of energy and can easily power up your crystals.
9. Slow internet? Place amethyst on top of your wifi router. Amethyst is supposed to give energy and clarity, perfecting for jump-starting your internet connection.
10. Use Pinterest as a type of vision board to help picture what you wish to manifest in your life.
11. Place citrine next to your laptop to help increase productivity and energy.
Read This Now: Need Luck? Use Witch Craft
12. Create spells by using emojis. Come up with the exact characters and wording you want, then send the spell to yourself via email to cast. Do not open until your spell works.
13. Can’t burn incense? Take your air humidifier and dab a couple drops of essential oil.
14. Write out notes and goals for yourself in green ink, the color of success, to make come true.
Making Yourself Glamorous
There’s nothing quite like looking your best that makes you feel powerful. Mix in some of these witchy looks to make yourself feel beautiful, glamorous, and unstoppable.
15. Trying to make money or start a new business? Paint your nails green. The color green symbolizes prosperity, money, abundance, and luck. Paint your nails green and everything you touch will turn to money.
16. Got a hot date coming up? Dress in pink. Pink represents love, romance, new beginnings, and intimacy; all perfect for attracting romance. For an added bonus, wear a piece of rose quartz jewelry.
17. When getting ready in the morning, visualize the makeup you’re putting on as a protective and empowering armor for the world.
18. Got a big presentation coming up and you want to sound like the intelligent , power, boss person that you are? Wear purple lipstick, Purple represents love, psychic abilities, and intelligence.
19. Wear vanilla and cinnamon scents to promote creativity.
20. Can’t afford typically “witchy” jewelry? Create your own by making braided friendship bracelets the colors of traits you wish to invoke. As you’re braiding, meditate on your intentions.
Remember while adding witchcraft into your life is magic, it’s no substitute for hard work and putting yourself out there. Witchcraft is no easy fix and will only work if you put in the work. It is simply a boost to help add confidence into your realm. So go out and use these tips like a modern boss witch! — By Ellen Ricks
Photo: @crystalmariesing via Twenty20