Mercury Retrograde & Relationships
With communication going haywire, Mercury retrograde can really mess with romantic relationships, family dynamics and emotions in general. You may say the wrong thing at the wrong time, send an awkward text, or double-book plans. It's harder to make decisions, so this isn't the time to permanently swipe right or left. If you're on the fence about someone, whether a potential breakup or hookup, Mercury retrograde might not be the best time to commit either way.
Signing legal documents like prenups and divorce papers can be sketchy during this time, especially if you ignore the fine print. What if you already have something major, like a wedding, planned during a Mercury retrograde cycle? Don't panic. There's no need to change the date. Just try to be aware of what could go wrong and have a backup plan in place.
Relationship and Romance Tips
- 1. Go with the flow. The more flexible you are, the better. If a date or partner cancels last minute, give them the benefit of the doubt this time.
- 2. Follow up on all messages you send (including texts, DMs, voicemails, emails, etc.) to a current partner or potential date. SO much can go wrong in this area!
- 3. Repeat yourself and restate things you've already expressed. A current partner may want to be reassured about how you feel about them, and a potential date might not have heard you the first time or may need clarification about exactly what you meant.
- 4. Make sure your dating apps are updated. Before the pre-shadow, download the latest version of any apps you're using to minimize the potential for glitches.
- 1. Shoot down an ex who gets in touch. There may be a very good reason they're reappearing in your life - you have some unfinished business. You don't have to get back together with him or her but coffee? Sure, why not.
- 2. Make major decisions that impact the future of your relationship - especially if you have cold feet, got some intel that might turn out to be false, or feel like your head and heart aren't aligned. It's better to take your time assess than regret an impulsive breakup.
- 3. Rely on first impressions. Who knows what kind Mercury retrograde fallout your blind date is dealing with, so no judging. If it's a definite no-go, remember that kindness counts.
- 4. Jump into a new relationship or take a huge step in a current relationship. There are too many variables to consider. What's the rush? And if you just can't wait, talk out all the consequences.
How Mercury Retrograde Affects Family
Communication breakdowns can be tough on family dynamics, too, especially when you rely on things like a family text chain to keep in touch. Don't assume that just because you hit send your message is going to get where it's supposed to go. Family you haven't heard from in a while might get in touch, resulting in potentially awkward reunions.
Small children and infants feel the effects of Mercury retrograde, too, and may be fussier than normal, but have no real way to communicate that to you. Be understanding of their moods and sensitive to their needs since they can't express frustration like adults. Teens who are on their phones 24/7 are likely to be even more unreasonable than normal during Mercury retrograde, especially if the WiFi goes down or their phone gets glitchy. When dealing with any conflict, be direct and avoid gossip that will lead to needless drama.
And don't forget about the effect of Mercury retrograde on pets. Mercury rules pets, and since most animals already have a keen sense of intuition, they'll detect when things are a bit off. Be sure that your furry companion wears a collar with ID on it (or better yet, is microchipped) in case it wanders away. Pets of all types may have a harder time understanding what you're asking of them during a retrograde cycle, so be clear with your instructions and above all, be patient. You're in this together!
Tips for Dealing With Relatives
- 1. Try to resolve past family issues. Truthful, heartfelt explanations and apologies can be particularly therapeutic now.
- 2. Stay away from family members you have beef with if possible. This is not the time to be getting into petty arguments with an aunt or cousin over something silly.
- 3. Check batteries in all baby-related devices like monitors, breast pumps, swings, and toys to keep everything running as smoothly as possible.
- 1. Bring up controversial topics to discuss at the dinner table.
- 2. Mention the past if you have no intention of resolving the issue; no one likes to be reminded of mistakes and failures.
- 3. Assume you know what your son/daughter, mom/dad, sibling, etc., is trying to tell you. Always get clarification on confusing statements.