How Mercury Retrograde Affects Money and Career
No matter what your job may be or where on the ladder you are, expect slowdowns and frustration when Mercury is in retrograde. Communicating with coworkers and clients gets more difficult. Misunderstandings can lead to unnecessary arguments and embarrassment. Meetings get canceled or postponed. Software and computer problems arise.
Keep in mind that there's always a way around the problem. When things don't go your way, step away for a quick break. Relax and use your creativity to come up with another plan. Keep the big picture in mind instead of trying to force things to happen right now. There's time to get it right. If you're looking for a job, be patient. You may not get much traction when you send around your resume, but you get the thumbs-up on callbacks and second/third interviews.
Financially, there can be a lot of red tape to deal with. If you're trying to get a new business off the ground, crowdfunding is slow and loans may not be approved. Investment apps might not function properly, ATMs may give you the wrong amount of cash and credit cards could be declined.
Tips for Managing Finances and Job Performance
- 1. Set alerts and double-check your calendar so you don't miss important meetings.
- 2. Be flexible about job tasks and due dates; these things can change often during Mercury retrograde.
- 3. Go over banking statements and receipts carefully to make sure the numbers add up. If you're responsible for any office financials, make sure to triple check everything, keeping an eye out for mistakes.
- 4. Keep some cash on hand in case electronic payment systems malfunction.
- 5. Be discreet, especially if you're trying to move to another company. Mercury retrograde is the time when a higher-up will catch you scrolling through LinkedIn or photocopying your resume, so do your job searches after hours.
- 1.Butt heads with an employer, coworker, or business partner over details. You probably won't get your point across right now anyway, and you may say something you'll regret.
- 1.Expect an immediate response to a job application or interview. Potential employers may be slow to get back to you even if they're interested.
- 1.Assume your electronic payment went through. Avoid late fees by always double-checking that your bills got paid on time.
- 1.Expect high sales, commissions, tips, or new business. People are extra flakey during Mercury retrograde, and they may cancel or put off purchases until a later date.