This February Full Snow Moon Spell Will Help You Banish the Bad!
Are you ready to celebrate the February 2019 full Snow moon with a powerful spell? If there was ever a time to banish things or people from your life to make room for growth, it’s now! The full Snow moon in Virgo happens on the February 19 at 7:53 am PST. Full moons typically bring energy to a boiling point that spills over in revelations and truth, but this full moon in Virgo will nudge you to prioritize your own well-being and peace of mind.
Virgo is the sign that connects you to your service to others. It emphasizes how you take care of yourself daily — especially when it comes to diet and lifestyle! — and who or what you have been giving the best of yourself to. This impacts not just Virgos or earth signs, but all the twelve signs of the zodiac, as the full moon impacts us all. As above, so below!
Practical Plan of Action
At the time of this full moon, Venus, Pluto, and Saturn are moving through Capricorn, the sign of hard work, commitment and dedication. A practical plan of action is what the cosmos suggests you need to get this dream to materialize. Pluto (the planet of rebirth after endings), Venus (the planet of love, beauty), and Saturn (the plant of commitment and karmic lesson) have been together conversing on what they’re working to bring and build in your life. Pluto and Saturn together are forgiving because they understand that for the last year — and for some of you even longer! — the lessons they’ve been trying to teach have been tough, and overtime can wear even the strongest down. They’re not entirely done with their lessons for you — whether it be experiences, trials, and/or tests.
This February 2019 full moon in Virgo is a culmination of all you learned that allows you to examine and use discernment with the things you will (and won’t!) accept into your life. In fact, the Virgo vibe is connected to perfectionism — not because this earth sign believes it’s better than anyone else, but because it understands that you’re the one who actually deserves the best and most.
What does and doesn’t deserve your energy
This February full moon is a chance for you to examine (and be critical of!) what you’re giving your energy to. Does it feed you as much as you’ve been feeding it? If it has seemingly been draining the life from you, now is the time to cut the cord. Remember the energy of Pluto if you need help with this. Pluto rules destruction, and that can help booster confidence because it’s helping you let go of what you no longer need. Like the saying goes, “When one door closes, another one opens.” This is what you will also witness in your life, because Pluto energy is that of the phoenix. Both you and your cosmic blessing will rise from the ashes in a way that is somehow even more miraculously beautiful and better than before!
Read This Now: 10 Things You Should (and SHOULDN’T!) Do During a Full Moon
Now that you know this, have fun with inviting fresh energy into your life! Choose what gives you peace, love, and happiness! The universe is encouraging you to be selective; to look at the fine print and detail of all that has approached you in your life. If something feels off — it is! Virgo energy is very sensitive to vibrations and it lends this gift to all of the signs of the zodiac, including you!
It’s All in the Details
Now, when it comes to manifesting your dream, pay attention to even the smallest details! They are what will make you feel the most happy and fulfilled. Virgo doesn’t miss a thread when it’s weaving the fabric of its intention, and neither should you. Take your precious time when it comes to calling in what you desire. Mercury (the planet that actually rules Virgo!) moves through Pisces and connects you to the power of spoken word and thoughts. Pisces (the sign the sun sits in for this full moon) is the dreamer, so your mind is filled with color, creativity, and incredibly imaginative!
Use this to your advantage! You can paint, sing, or write a song — anything that expresses your heart’s desires. Sing it out loud — or maybe under your breath, if you’re shy! It will give your intention power and increase its magic. If singing or creating isn’t your thing, I’ve creating a ritual and spell to help you banish from your life what no longer serves you!
~*~Banishing Powder and Bottle Spell~*~
Virgo energy is notoriously known for throwing out what no longer serves the greater good. It understands that clutter clogs up blessings from flowing in, and that it can also stop you from being healthy, vibrant, and living your best life. Use this simple banishing powder to help remove anything you no longer want or need in your life. Keep in mind that once this spell is performed and this thing is removed from your life — especially on the full moon — it’s usually almost impossible to get it back. Use your discernment wisely!
What You’ll Need
- Black pepper
- Bay leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- Black salt or sea salt
- Dragon’s blood powder (if you don’t have this, then you can work without or burn and use rosemary leaf ashes)
- A mortar and pestle
- Pen or pencil
- A bottle with a lid (or sealing wax or tape — black electrical tape is my personal favorite because it creates a tight seal that is difficult to remove)
What You’ll Do
- Crush and mix it all up into a powder using a mortar and pestle. Put all of your emotion into it when it comes to the power and bravery of cutting toxic cords from your life.
- Write down what it is that you wish to completely release. As you write, make a note of how it feels. If you feel sad or low, remember that what you’re removing from your life has been toxic to you and you’re protecting and empowering yourself by releasing it now. Good for you! As you write, realize that once this is released, you are choosing to be the strongest version of you! You have chosen your vitality, your well-being, your peace, and your happiness!
- When you’re done writing down what you are banishing from your life (unhealthy habits, relationships, toxic thinking, poverty, clutter, etc.) roll up the paper (or feel free to burn into ash or rip the paper up) and add to the bottle, carefully. Add the banishing powder on top of the paper into the bottle. You’re sealing and taking away its power completely.
- Add the lid to the bottle and seal it with wax or tape.
- Place the bottle somewhere it won’t be disturbed, or throw it the garbage, or put into a bonfire. As the moon diminishes in size, take steps to create a healthier you. Next new moon, we will work on attracting to replace the energy of what was released under the light of this full moon.
Jessica Wiggan is the creator of BehatiLife, an online apothecary selling custom, hand crafted magical blends. Jessica is available for tarot and astrology readings, and also runs an online Tarot school.
Photo: @hannievanbaarle via Twenty20