As we approach the new moon in Libra, energy is in the air, and it’s the perfect time to manifest that energy to turn your dreams into reality. Just as farmers used the phases of the moon to guide their farm chores, astrologers believe this is an optimum time to do the same for your goals. Ancient farmers believed that when they followed the cycles of the moon, they would produce the best crops, so they planted during a new moon. This is because the moon governs moisture (including tides) on earth and during a new moon, the ground becomes wet and fertile. It is the optimum time to plant ensuring their seeds had moisture and support it needed. Astrologers today still utilize this same thought process, except it is applied to life. A new moon in astrology is the time for planting seeds for the future (otherwise known as intentions). The moments and days following the new moon are regarded as the optimum time period for sharing any desires, needs or changes you want to unfold in your life with the universe. It is also common that new people, events or opportunities will arise around this time for you. This is why it is especially important that you must not only hold an image or vision of what you want to manifest in your life, you must also make it known, holding steadfast to the knowing it will come. The energy of the new moon will nourish this goal of yours.
Here is a simple new moon exercise to help you manifest your own new moon energy.
1. Sit or lay in a quiet place where you won’t be disurbed for at least 15 minutes.
2. Take 5 deep breaths, inhaling to the count of 3 and exhaling to the count of 3.
3. If you feel relaxed, move to the next step. If not, repeat step 2 until you feel calm.
4. Close your eyes and recall an area of life that is causing you stress or that you feel like there is a lot of focus in your life right now.
5. Once you have settled on an area of life, start to think about what your life would look like if that issue were spontaneously solved. How would you feel? What changes would have been made in your life?
6. Translate those changes into affirmations and write them down. An example of this would be: Your lease is up, you have been looking for places for a while, but have yet to find one. The clock is ticking, this makes you anxious. If the issue were solved, you would be signing a lease to fabulous new place and packing your furniture up. The affirmations you would write are: I will find the perfect apartment for me before my lease is up. I can comfortably afford this new apartment. I will enjoy the process of finding this apartment.
7. Hold your white candle while concentrating on the how you would feel when your issue is settled. If feelings of frustration or anxiety come up, gently push them aside and refocus to how happy you will be when everything is sorted out.
8. Still holding the candle, read the affirmations you wrote down out loud.
9. Light your candle and repeat these affirmations again, out loud.
10. Blow out the candle and express gratitude for the universe for delivering these intentions.
11. Put these affirmations somewhere handy. Anytime you feel anxious, read them aloud. Repeat this ritual, too, if you’d like!
12. Believe. You desires will be granted.
Slay this New Moon, beauty. You’ve got this!
Want more spirituality, mysticism, and advice for bringing your spirit to the next level? Follow us on Instagram.
Shereen Campbell is an astrologer, ecommerce manager, and the founder of My Little Magic Shop. She loves sailing, southern Italian food, and all things magical.
Feature illustration by Dorian Legret
Want to Read More of Shereen Campbell’s Magical Hacks and Astrological Observations? Try These Next:
The Wildest Match for Every Zodiac Sign
Your Sign’s Best Zodiac Match in Bed
Want to Turn Your Lover On? We’ve Got The Best Aphrodisiacs for Every Zodiac Sign
How I Manifested Unbreakable Love (and How You Can, Too!)
How Every Sign Can Feel Better Right Now!